All Saints Church, Wrabness
The Domesday Book, commissioned by William the Conqueror in 1085, contains this reference to Wrabness:
WRABENASA contained St Edmund’s Abbey. A mill, a salthouse, 5 beehives, 2 foals and 200 sheep.
It is highly likely that there was an Anglo Saxon place of worship on the site of the current church, which dates from about 1120. The first named priest is John The Chaplain, in 1220.
In 2020 the church celebrated the anniversaries of 900 years since it was built and 800 years since the first recorded priest.
Address: Church Road, Wrabness, Manningtree CO11 2TG