Pastoral Training Course online
A 5-week course looking at pastoral care with the aim to develop pastoral skills and explore the nature of pastoral care in a Christian context. Download brochure here.
Areas covered by the course:
- What is Pastoral Care?
- Visiting and Listening
- Making Contacts
- Dealing with Loss
- Getting Organised
The course has been developed by Chelmsford Diocese, but we will make some adaptations to think about how to care in a Covid situation and add some extra material. The course will involve teaching, group discussion, practising skills and sharing your experience.
- When? Starting Monday 25th January 11.00 – 13.15 (including a tea break) for 5 consecutive weeks, finishing on Monday 22nd February
- Where? In the Comfort of Your Own Home - On-Line via Zoom
- For Whom? Anyone involved in or interested in pastoral care in the widest context
- By Whom? Sue and Chris Monckton-Rickett, both Registered Accredited Counsellors with over 25 years of experience in counselling and pastoral care. Sue is the Chair of the Association of Christian Counsellors. They are experienced trainers and retreat leaders and have been involved in training pastoral workers and trainers across Chelmsford Diocese. They are members of St Mary’s Lawford.
- How Much? This is a FREE Course
- How Do I Book and Join? To book a place please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07966 176767 providing details of your name, e-mail, phone number and church