Worship in church
I am sure many of you will have heard this week that the government has announced that services can resume in our churches once again for worship from 4th July. Admittedly, we’re unlikely to be able to sing. That may have to be left for later.
The churchwardens are I are in the process of getting our churches ready, as yet, we have not received the official guidelines from either the government or the Church of England. We will continue with Zoom Services on the 5th and 12th July and then all being well we will start our services in church from 19th July, subject to us being able to meet the guidelines. Not each church will have a service every week and we will publish more details in the coming week.
Churches Open for Supervised Private Prayer: From 4th July
Each of our churches will be open for private prayer once a week. Because we are encouraged to remain shut for 72 hours after a church has been open the days each week may have to change to allow for Sunday worship, funerals and weddings. Each week we will publish details so please check back here often.
The safety of everyone is our primary concern. Following government and Church of England guidance and regulations we have completed a risk assessment and introduced the following measures:
- There are hand sanitiser stations inside the door of all our churches. Please ensure that you use this as you enter and leave the building.
- Visitors are asked to observe the markers once inside. At all times please respect other people and maintain a 2m distance. We ask that the porch, church and entrance are kept completely clear of all obstructions.
- If you wish to sit and pray, a number of pews are available. These are clearly marked with the places that you may sit. Please do not enter the cordoned-off pews. Kneelers and cushions are not available for use at this time.
- There are no toilet facilities, prayer books or Bibles available for general use.
- Please follow the Stewards instructions as all times – they are for your safety!
- Please do not come if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been told to self-isolate.
Next week the churches will be open as follows:
Saturday 4th July 3pm-5pm Beaumont
Sunday 5th July 2pm-4pm Wix
Tuesday 7th July 1pm-3pm Great Oakley
Wednesday 8th July 3pm-4pm Tendring
Friday 10th July 10am-12 noon Wrabness